Comp_uter15776

Rustaforum/VIP 2017 Changes!

19 posts in this topic

Hello,

So as 2017 creeps up on us I have decided to share a few changes on the Rustaforum end. There will be plenty more to come in the next couple of weeks, but here's a taste!

• Referrals will be enabled. This means users can sign up with your name and you'll see some commission from it in the form of account credit which lets you get a discount on VIP!
  • Tiered billing will also be enabled! The options will be monthly, quarterly (every 3 months), and every 6 months. Naturally, we'll reward the most loyal supporters with discounted prices for the higher tiers!
  • A small transfer charge will be applied when changing VIP slots. This is because people are unfortunately abusing what we previously did as common courtesy to server hop.
  • VIP activation time will be reduced by recharging the gerbils and giving them a nitro boost. Once purchased, VIP should be nearly instant! (You will still need to rejoin the server queue)
  • Throughout 2017 the VIP process will be streamlined more and some of the UI elements cleaned up.
  • Gift cards will be able to be bought at standard prices; perfect for that super late Christmas gift!
  • Staff applications will open again for January intake!

As a teaser too, in January a brand new server for the EU will be unveiled :) Be prepared!

Edit:

I can now confirm that EU Odd will be the latest addition to our servers!

Featuring a 150 200 pop on a 5K map with weekly wipes, this isn't the only "odd" thing about it - the wipe cycles are Monday to Monday.

200 man EU monthly wipe or 150 man EU monthly wipe, I will.... Comp_uter you will have my babies.

The referalls will be great as about 6 of my friends have signed up because of me xD

The every 6 months bill will be absolutely perfect! I hate having to plan around monthly payments xD

Great work on the improvements! you guys are amazing %%

4 hours ago, JegErJack said:

200 man EU monthly wipe or 150 man EU monthly wipe, I will.... Comp_uter you will have my babies.

The referalls will be great as about 6 of my friends have signed up because of me xD

The every 6 months bill will be absolutely perfect! I hate having to plan around monthly payments xD

Great work on the improvements! you guys are amazing %%

I've updated the post to reflect the latest news I have ;)

"weekly wipes"

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Any chance to make that monthly? the map size is huge! it would make such an awesome monthly

Unfortunately I don't think monthly would work out, but we'll see how it runs firstly and can tweak it from there :)

On 12/31/2016 at 2:24 AM, Comp_uter15776 said:

Unfortunately I don't think monthly would work out, but we'll see how it runs firstly and can tweak it from there :)

You have a pretty big monthly wipe community that would adore some type of highish monthly pop (150 max)

You guys should look into it, it's your guys choice of course but it has a proven demand and I think it would work great.

There is currently 1 monthly wipe server. 

2 hours ago, JegErJack said:

You have a pretty big monthly wipe community that would adore some type of highish monthly pop (150 max)

You guys should look into it, it's your guys choice of course but it has a proven demand and I think it would work great.

There is currently 1 monthly wipe server. 

I mean with respect to larger populations. That's the reason popular, large, monthly servers don't exist (pick two). It's not to say we never do it, just that it's not imminently arriving.

6 hours ago, Comp_uter15776 said:

I mean with respect to larger populations. That's the reason popular, large, monthly servers don't exist (pick two). It's not to say we never do it, just that it's not imminently arriving.

Most of the official servers stay full all month round with booming filled numbers towards each update

5 hours ago, JegErJack said:

Most of the official servers stay full all month round with booming filled numbers towards each update

I just looked at the Official list now, and the most pop'd server is Moscow 5 with 85/200 - with 3 days still before the update. The next highest is London Staging with 84, then Tokyo 1 with 64. Given they're all somewhat below 50% full at the end of the wipe, it's evident the majority of players find gameplay gets stale after that long too.

The ones who remain are not large enough to warrant a higher population as towards the end of the wipe cycle there doesn't appear to be enough people.

4 hours ago, Comp_uter15776 said:

I just looked at the Official list now, and the most pop'd server is Moscow 5 with 85/200 - with 3 days still before the update. The next highest is London Staging with 84, then Tokyo 1 with 64. Given they're all somewhat below 50% full at the end of the wipe, it's evident the majority of players find gameplay gets stale after that long too.

The ones who remain are not large enough to warrant a higher population as towards the end of the wipe cycle there doesn't appear to be enough people.

What about upping the population on low pop to say 125 or 150 if the server could handle it? Or that would possibly make it not so much of a low pop I suppose.  I find low pop to be a little too low pop and medium to be a little too crazy (hard to farm for a base early seed) just an idea. Seems like low pop runs pretty smooth even at end of wipe 

1 hour ago, dieseldog said:

What about upping the population on low pop to say 125 or 150 if the server could handle it? Or that would possibly make it not so much of a low pop I suppose.  I find low pop to be a little too low pop and medium to be a little too crazy (hard to farm for a base early seed) just an idea. Seems like low pop runs pretty smooth even at end of wipe 

We're not ruling out other changes to servers with the release of this new one; some population changes on servers are on the cards.

7 hours ago, Comp_uter15776 said:

I have always thought a 3 week wipe 150 player plus vip 4k map size would be an awesome setup I know you would have a messed up short or long wipe here and there but overall basically a half way in between medium and low pop would be great!

When my friend and I want to buy VIP, it has been sold out, do not know when it will have VIP, and now I have encountered great difficulties, I love this server, server and some friends in love! Please give loyal players a chance, heartfelt thanks - Nanchong

3 minutes ago, 【T.s✪one】━nanchong said:

When my friend and I want to buy VIP, it has been sold out, do not know when it will have VIP, and now I have encountered great difficulties, I love this server, server and some friends in love! Please give loyal players a chance, heartfelt thanks - Nanchong

I don't understand what your problem is? The queue? If it's sold out its sold out there's nothing they can do about that it's up to you to buy one when they become available,  they aren't going to kick someone else out for you 

Noooooooo our nightmare has awaken!

What if everybody buys 6 months of VIP and If a new person wants VIP he'll have to wait 6 months to get VIP :(

The new tiered billing system is:

• $10 monthly
  • $27.50 every 3 months (works out at $9.17 per month)
  • $50 every 6 months (works out at $8.33 per month)

Enjoy!

I bought vip 1 month,  what should i do to upgrade it? 

12 hours ago, ICE ❆ Duk said:

I bought vip 1 month,  what should i do to upgrade it? 

Hello,

You should allow that to expire and then pick a different option at checkout again when ready :)

3 hours ago, Comp_uter15776 said:

Hello,

You should allow that to expire and then pick a different option at checkout again when ready :)

What if i miss it and someone else buy it?