Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spankie

Retarded Admins!

7 posts in this topic

Seriusly guys ! 

You Wipe EU Main server, then 2 hours later u take it down to patch... in those 2 hours 300 players are getting settled and starting to place a house. 

Then u launch the server without testing that patch propperly, makeing NO able to place any locks and keypads. 

10 min later i get company and sins i already had crafted 3 metal doors and keypads BUT WAS NOT ABLE TO PUT IN LOCKS!

I lost all my work,  all my loot and my house was taken from me.

THIS IS RETARDED..... 

The right thing would have been to roll back the server to before your BUGGY patch!

We're not the developers of the game, we just host servers. An early access game like Rust is especially prone to having issues occur after a patch. I would have gladly rolled back if that could be reliably done, however, it is no longer an option. We fixed it as soon as we could, pardon the inconvenience. 

I know you are not the  developers  of the game. 

But sins your the server provider you also are reponseble for it to run propperly. 

When u wipe the server 300 players are sitting waiting at the computer to get a good start, half of us used 2 hours just trying to find a spot and not getting killed.

A Keypad/ doorlock but is kinda a big issue after a server wipe as everyone need to place em.

2 hours after the wipe, then you patch the server ?  You should have done this with the wipe or atleast roll back the server 30 mins to before the patch so 100 people did not waste the work. 

I was sitting in my house and could not go outside as i could not place my keypads, i even had my metal doors rdy.

Next thing 2 retarded children zerg my house, takes my iron doors and keypads and places this right after u reboot the server. 

This is if u ask my the most retarded thing ever not provideing the 30 min rollback.

You should really consinder how you run your servers in the future. 

The update wasn't out yet when the server was wiped, the server was wiped because Europe is in a different timezone, and a lot of europeans are asleep when the update is ready to go. 

It wipes early so that people have a chance to get a good start, even if they have work or school in the morning, even if the update is late. We don't control when the updates come out. 

Okey point taken. 

But the Keypad/door lock bug is kinda a big deal after a wipe - you could have easy rolledback the server 30 mins neeeded to ensure that no one got screwed.

Point is just that alot of people, includeing my self lost all our progress cuz of a game bug - a bug that got fixed fast - BUT you just forgot to rollback the 30 min it took for alot of players to mess up all the work for the effected players.

Its called exploiting when u make use of a bug / glitch.

We can no longer roll back like we used to be able to - the game doesn't incrementally save like that anymore. Our options were to wipe completely again or go with the current save, I chose the latter. 

Thanks for clearing that up :) I made another base and will wipe the theif tonight.