jarvisgibb@hotmail.com

Error "Disconnected: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

12 posts in this topic

Disconnected: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Can confirm this issue is happening to 11 other people who play on the Staging Branch.

RustyPotato.png

I've checked it all from the server end, it appears to be related to the update.  Hopefully it is resolved soon.

I've reset it, and checked the files a number of times, we will have to wait for an update from Facepunch.  Sorry guys.

XPloding, have you folks relayed the issue or heard anything from FacePunch? I'm surprised they left it this broken through today.

A bit of a weird fix. I was able to get onto the spawning menu after a bear clipped through my bases foundations and killed me while I was offline. I spawned randomly on a beach and was able to play the game without issue until I killed myself and spawned at a bag in my base (at which point i got the null reference error again). Could be a problem with the game objects server side, since I'm able to connect to other staging servers without issues. Could be something to pass along to FacePunch if you have a direct line.

-Update-

Tried to reproduce again when a similar issue occurred and it failed. Ignore everything striked.

Edited by jarvisgibb@hotmail.com

Last night when this was occuring, if I didn't leave my base at all I wouldn't crash out. I could craft in base for a full hour, but as soon as I left I was vulnerable to the crash randomly within 1-15 minutes. Today I can't even make it into the game though, otherwise I'd just do a little crafting I need right now.

Shocked this has gone so long with 0 response from FacePunch or Rustafied regarding the cause and when a fix would be expected. Does FP even know this is happening on their Staging Branch currently?

11 hours ago, xplodingboy said:

I've reset it, and checked the files a number of times, we will have to wait for an update from Facepunch.  Sorry guys.

Have you heard from Helk or Garry? I know you folks have decent lines of comms with them.

It appears to me as though a member of Rustafied leadership responded twice in this thread already; if we knew we'd tell you but this is an FP issue and not on our end.

NullReferenceException indicates that you are trying to access member fields, or function types, on an object reference that points to null. That means the reference to an Object which is not initialized. More about....NullReferenceException

Wells