Comp_uter15776

What's Your Playstyle?

20 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm interested - how do you go about playing Rust? Are you a base builder, a raider, a lone wolf, team player?

Personally, I love building complex defensive structures... although they almost always still get brought down!

With the changes to raiding I find it easiest to take someone elses hard work, fortify it and make it mine. A buddy of mine and I can make quick work of bases and it becomes a matter of which is best location and able to be fortified stronger at that point. So I'd say I'm more of a raider.

Currently, I have found that I have been granted the power of Thor with the salvaged hammer. I now sit inside of my base and let others feel my wrath when they hit my door trying to take it down.

Thor-Hammer-Slam-to-Ground.gif

Currently, I have found that I have been granted the power of Thor with the salvaged hammer. I now sit inside of my base and let others feel my wrath when they hit my door trying to take it down.

Thor-Hammer-Slam-to-Ground.gif

Haha yeah I mentioned in my thread that I like to go out with nothing but a Hammer/Hatchet and see what I can come back with.  A buddy of mine do that and usually either come back loaded or have a new base bahahaaa.

Most of the time I play like this is Baywatch: Rust and I'm David Hasselhoff. Running around the beach, helping out naked's, giving meat and to those in need. Occasions I will gear up because some good old-fashioned PVP is always fun.

I do not raid (nor do other admin's) because I feel stealing peoples shit is a conflict of interest with being a leader in the community. Is exciting to build a base and protect it though.

I probably have the most fun when in a group, roaming around the map, seeing what trouble we can get into.

For the longest time I would

1) Farm Farm Farm

2) Spend way too much time building a large base

3) Stockpile way too many resources and not use them

4) Have server wipe, swear Next time I'll spend less time farming building and stockpiling. Promise myself I'll raid and fight.

5) Do none of those things on next wipe and repeat.

But with the current seed I followed through!

1) Built small but secure base

2) Kill farmers and take their stuff, farming is for suckers!

3) Break into all nearby bases and take their stuff

4) Gear up and cause trouble

Yeah Wyvrex I was always the same. Because wipes are still so frequent compared to legacy, I now also create small but solid bases (but don't go attacking people) and build up from there.

I think trying to build something grand outright will just be the end there and then :D

I also really like the idea of role-playing. The other night when a group of about 10 of us were roaming around and Bill posed to someone from the Rust homeowners association I thought I was going to die.

"This house is not handicapped accessible and therefore not up to code. Add ramp access to the front door and we will leave you be." Lmao

Yes! During the seed when they made the long road I set up a roadside zen garden. fenced in a sandy area with lots of little rocks. Added benches (small crates up against a railing) beds (same thing but more boxes) and an executive suite with a private bed and seating. I only had a few people visit but I led them in a de-stressing ritual. Then some guy came by wrecking it all. I told him he needed to relax and tried to lead him in some exercises. He shot me in the face. 10/10

I enjoy the team. If i know of some good players i'll try to team with them for freash wipes. Lone wolf always gets boring and i hate getting in 1 vs whole groups. So teaming always made more sense for me. Plus forget raiding as a lone wolf, it takes way too long and it can be more risk than reward.

I love gathering and building unraidable bases. And of course raids on those that are not suited for being neighbors.

Most of the time when im out and about i'll talk over voice chat to try and get people talking. But not a lot of people like to talk or they act agressive and must be put down.

- solo lone wolf

- scramble, die, rinse, repeat until I have a little 3x3 built

- try to figure out how best to be creative with my hovel design and try not to attract attention

- attract attention anyways

- unapproved butt sekz

- rebuild, attempt vengeance, more unapproved butt sekz

... hey it's Rust and that's why it's awesome.

1. lonewolf

2. be an asshole

3. be a douche

4. raiding is of little interest

5. roam country looking for gun fights

6. kos nondiscriminatory

7. hunt get cloth

8. farm/netflix so I can do all of the above

Build a base then make it look like it got raided, however have a few secret rooms.

Then go out and try to break into other's bases and not get killed

Tottaly a lone wolf. I get shy, sometimes.. And I have major trust issues..

I like to mess around with building, and collecting resources. The airdrops are fun to go to get my PVP on, pretty good adrenaline rush when there are a bunch of people fighting for the loot.